Cabo has become an incredibly popular honeymooning destination, and for those who have never been there, they may not understand why. Isn’t it just another beach? Definitely not. The reason that honeymooners and travelers alike continue to travel to Cabo over and over is because it is the entire vacation package. People have lived in Cabo’s region for 10,000 and once you experience the desert landscape, the surrounding sea and the thrill of the vacation, you’ll start to understand. If you’re thinking about planning a honeymoon to Cabo San Lucas, below is all the information you’ll need.
Why honeymoon in Cabo?
The best part about Cabo San Lucas, aside from the sand, surf and beautiful views is that it has something for every different kind of honeymooner. If you want to spend time in the ocean and enjoy some fun water activities, you’re covered. If you’ve rather stay on land, tehre is plenty to explore and do, like hiking and biking. Are you a foodie? Cabo has recently become a foodie’s paradise with their exquisite and unique restaurants and dishes. Plus when you’re ready to relax, there are plenty of beaches, pools and spas to chill you out and help you enjoy your honeymoon. Cabo San Lucas has all that honeymooners would look for, and then some.
When to honeymoon in Cabo
The best time to honeymoon in Cabo San Lucas is between May and June. The wintertime crowds have left Mexico and the summertime storms have yet to roll in. October and November can also be a nice time to visit Cabo, but planning early The best time to visit Cabo is from May to June, when the wintertime crowds have gone home and the summertime storms have yet to hit. October and November are also nice months for a vacation to Cabo, but you’ll need to begin your hotel search early so you can save money. Pacific hurricanes are most frequent from mid-May to November and although Cabo usually only gets tropical storms during hurricane seasons, there have been hurricanes that have torn through before.
Where to eat on your Cabo honeymoon
Over the years, Cabo has cultivated a wonderful reputation of being a foodie’s paradise. With wonderfully romantic dinner spots and equally superb food, it will be hard for honeymooners to narrow down one place to grab a bite each night.
This beautiful restaurant specializes in high quality Mexican food with delicious ingredients and pretty presentation. The small dining room is romantically lighted and you can even bring your own wine. With an owner who will make guests feel like family, you won’t regret your meal. Reservations are necessary since the restaurant is pretty small, but honeymooners will enjoy a fun and romantic dinner here.
Romeo and Julieta
Romeo and Julieta is a great place for to celebrate a special occasion. If you catch them on a night with some relaxing live music, it’s a great way to set the romantic mood. Their wonderful Italian food is delicious and their waitstaff has the reputation of being kind and attentive. While their classics like chicken parmesan are good other dishes such as margherita pizza are also delicious.
This restaurant is every bit as romantic as it sounds. Located just east of Cabo San Lucas, the restaurant sits on a peninsula that directly overlooks the ocean. It’s a wonderfully romantic location for honeymooners to relax and watch the sunset. Their two fixed course menus or their extensive menus both boast wonderful dishes and their wine list is also very good. On occasion the property will bring in live music or singers to serenade you during your meal. While Sunset Monalisa is one of the more expensive dinner restaurants on the island, it’s also one of the most romantic and unforgettable.
El Farallon is nestled into the cliff of The Resort at Pedregal. Overlooking the Pacific Ocean, honeymooners can listen to the waves crash below while eating a romantic meal. Their ocean-to-table menu featuring the daily bounty from local fishermen offers only the best selection of the local catch. Their Champagne Terrace is also a great place to grab a pre-dinner drink. Carved into the cliffs, the terrace overlooks the beach and ocean, it is the perfect setting for honeymooners to choose from more than 15 different champagnes.
Vela’s refined Italian cuisine and fresh Mexican ingredients combine to create a delicious culinary experience. Honeymooners will love this restaurant because of the unique and delicious food they offer. Plus, local culture and history have inspired and influenced dishes like homemade Oaxacan mole linguini and chile de arbol corn risotto. Vela serves dinner al fresco alongside the resort’s infinity pool, as well as indoors. This sounds like the honeymoon dream
Corazón de Alcachofa (Artichoke´s Heart)
This restaurant is inspired by a bold and interesting concept to offer a hearty menu with both local and imported products. Their menu changes daily to give honeymooners the best quality of food. You never know what your options will be at Corazon which can make it an exciting and fun adventure for honeymooners, especially if you’re the couple who can’t ever decide where to eat. Let Corazon choose it for you!
What to do on your Cabo San Lucas Honeymoon
- Take a sunset cruise: This one seems like a given. Once honeymooners see the Cabo water, they’ll definitely want to be in it or on it. A romantic sunset with your spouse while watching the sun set over Cabo San Lucas from your own personal luxury yacht sailed by the crew sounds like a great first night activity to help honeymooners relax after the stress of a wedding. The Baja Peninsula as sunset is breathtaking and as the water turns red and orange, you’ll be so glad you got to see the beautiful sight. Sunset cruises take two to three hours, depending on if they are shared or private.
- Go dancing: For couples who love to dance, Cabo San Lucas is the place to honeymoon. With a number of bars and clubs in town as well as some that overlook the water, there are options for you no matter what type of music you enjoy. Some bars host international DJs while others bring an eclectic mix of sound to the dance floor. Plus there are always local bands playing if you’re looking for some authentic Mexican music.
- Take an art walk: If you’re looking for something a little more chill and cultural, every Thursday, between 5 and 9 p.m., downtown San José’s Gallery District hosts an Art Walk. The galleries open their doors late, there’s plenty of wine and restaurants along the walk will tempt honeymooners to come in and try a bite of their special.
- Day trip to Todos Santos: Only a scenic 45-minute drive away from Cabo stands Todos Santos and it’s the perfect place to day trip. Driving up the pacific coast is beautiful but once you get to town and discover the fun art galleries and hip bars and restaurants, you won’t want to stop exploring.
- Watch a whale: The Sea of Cortez is one of the best places in this part of the globe to do some whale watching. Humpbacks love the Sea of Cortez and it’s a hot spot for whale breeding. Watching tours start as early as November, but usually run from December to April of each year. Honeymooners will love to get on the water and see the big and slightly terrifying creatures.
- Medano Beach: This is the main beach in Cabo San Lucas. It’s close to the center of town and the marina and offers everything a great beach should: sand, surf, relaxing, and of course water sports like jet skiing, parasailing, kayaking, and boat rides. There are also plenty of beachfront bars and restaurants which are the perfect place for a mid-day cocktail.
- Explore Lands End: This beautiful arch is one of the biggest tourist attractions in Cabo and understandably so. The beautiful, prehistoric looking rocks jet out of the water and are beautiful. Some get in a boat to explore while others paddle board or kayak around them. Scuba diving and snorkeling is also available and there are plenty of companies who hang close to the marinas and sell tours.
- Ride a camel across the Baja: Many forget to explore the Baja desert that looms so close to Cabo San Lucas. It’s a rarity to find a honeymooning spot that provides beach sand, desert sand, surf and adventure. It’s a completely unique and different Cabo experience being away from the ocean and on the back of a camel, but when you get home and tell your friends about it, they’ll want to do the same. Safari guides will show you the most romantic and beautiful views of the Baja desert.
Romantic Accommodations in Cabo San Lucas
Hyatt Ziva Cabo
The Hyatt Ziva Cabo is a great option for couples who value a nice, all-inclusive resort. This property is all you can eat. All you can drink. All you can do. All, included in your room rate. Perched on the tip of the Baja California Peninsula, Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos is a luxurious destination settled between desert dunes and ocean rock formations. Their beachfront resort is only minutes from San José del Cabo and their 7 unique restaurants will make sure that honeymooners stay full.
Their spa experiences are one of the most romantic things to do at the hotel. Multiple types of couple massage set-ups, some being indoor, while others are outdoor will make sure honeymooners get exactly what they desire. They even have outdoor cabanas that sit over pools of water for couples’ massages.
Nobu Hotel Los Cabos
Have you ever heard of Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and Academy Award-winning actor, Robert De Niro? Both can be found at Nobu Hotel Los Cabos. Their one-of-a-kind experience is a honeymooner’s dream. Their signature Nobu Restaurant and Bar that is located on the beachfront of the Pacific Ocean delivers wonderful food along with a romantic atmosphere while a luxurious spa, retail stores, a variety of unique dining and lounging experiences makes sure that couples relax and get into a romantic mood. The 200-room property blends contemporary Japanese minimalism with locally sourced natural, Mexican materials and finishes. This unique and beautiful hotel will make honeymooners feel like they’re in another world.
Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos
Located on the shores of Cabo San Lucas within the pristine Diamante Cabo San Lucas complex, the large 639 room Hard Rock Hotel Los Cabos is full of luxurious all-inclusive amenities and unmatched guest services .Among the resort’s many offerings are lavish accommodations featuring Hard Rock’s branded “Rock Star Suite,” the signature Rock Spa®, Body Rock® Fitness Center, iconic music memorabilia, and access to the Cabo San Lucas Country Golf Course, a par 71 course designed by Roy Dye and home to one of the longest holes in Mexico (610yds) – ideal for players of all levels. Honeymooners can also visit the five swim-up bars, six pools, water slides, eight exquisite dining options and three lounges. Honeymooners who are looking for a fun, themed time will love this resort.
Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences
This hacienda-style resort boasts an exclusive hilltop setting with private beach and panoramic views of the Sea of Cortez. It offers the perfect getaway for a romantic honeymoon. Hacienda Encantada Resort & Residences provides top notch amenities, all-inclusive plan featuring eight restaurants and romantic accommodations ranging from studios to four-bedroom villas, offering newlyweds a personalized service and a “home away from home” ambiance. Couples can also enjoy a massage at the spa or a private sunset dinner at the beach.
*Mexico Grand Hotels is also opening its newest property in August next to Hacienda Encantada. Cascading down the cliff and offering unobstructed views of the Pacific Ocean, Vista Encantada Spa Resort and Residences features 36 luxurious suites with individual plunge pools providing an intimate and secluded spot for honeymooners to relax. Vista Encantada will offer gourmet dining and a state-of-the-art Milagro Spa.
Hotel El Ganzo
Hotel El Ganzo is an eco-conscious Los Cabos boutique hotel with a hip hacienda vibe. El Ganzo is an art-focused property with an in-house recording studio, music retreat program, gastronomy events and local art. The hotel is also pet-friendly and prides itself on its sustainability programs. They stock locally sourced toiletries, use only solar power and are growing an herb and vegetable garden. Whether your idea of honeymoon is sitting poolside with a cocktail or indulging with a massage, El Ganzo uses local, sustainable ingredients throughout the property. El Ganzo aesthetic blends modernism, sleek white details, warm woods and bright touches. Relaxing at El Ganzo is unlike relaxing anywhere else and is a great place for honeymooners to vacation.
Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas Resort Golf & Spa
Located 20 minutes away from Downtown Cabo, the luxurious property is located within the exclusive real estate community Rancho San Lucas. The property is perfect for couples who want don’t want to get in the middle of the Cabo party, but would rather enjoy a relaxing and romantic vacation. At the property’s signature restaurant, Anica, couples can taste gourmet meals and engage in mixology classes. If they want to take the romantic up a notch, three Balinese beds surrounding the 120,069 ft salt water lagoon on property are the most romantic places to enjoy a sunset dinner over the candlelight, available with a quick call to the property’s concierge.
The property has also recently opened its new beachfront spa, located only 100 meters from the Pacific Ocean. The intimate wooden cabanas bring in the sound of the crashing waves while enjoying a relaxing treatment. Included in the specialized treatments is an exquisite three-course meal masterfully crafted by Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas Resort Golf & Spa’s resident chef Hector Lucas, which guests can enjoy after receiving the full spa service.
Find images of the property and activities here. Let me know if you need any more information, I’d be happy to help!!
Blue Desert Cabo
Just opened this year, Blue Desert Cabo is quickly becoming an elite destination in Mexico because of its luxurious and incredible villas and rental properties. a selection of the most luxurious and incredible villas and rental properties. Blue Desert allows the newlyweds to rent out an entire villa to experience the ultimate luxurious beachside honeymoon.
The concierge team will schedule swimming with dolphins, golfing on beautiful courses, private chefs and bartenders, personal training, spa services, mountain biking and will even take care of your grocery shopping. Sitting on the edge of the Sea of Cortez, each villa has 5-10 bedrooms. Many of the gated properties feature infinity pools, outdoor bars and patios, fire pits, ocean-front views and private beachside entrances, and maid service. The perfect serene backdrop for a relaxing honeymoon.