Las Vegas, Nevada is the perfect place for a fabulous honeymoon or a romantic elopement. This fast-paced city’s numerous activities, shows, events, music, cuisine, casinos, and resorts will not disappoint newlywed couples. The following post will tell you and your loved one all about planning a honeymoon in Las Vegas!
When to Visit Las Vegas & Packing Tips
Las Vegas, Nevada is located in the hot Mojave Desert, with the hottest day of 2019 clocking in at 109 degrees!
March – May
Springtime in Las Vegas is one of the best times to enjoy all the city has to offer. The average Spring temperatures range between a warm 70 and 80 degrees. Honeymooners should pack light clothing that can be layered, including shorts, sweaters, and swimming suits.
Las Vegas Summers are hot- but don’t worry, there are thousands of pools in Las Vegas, and tons of indoor activities that visitors can enjoy during the day. The average Summer temperatures falls between 99 to 104 degrees. Honeymooners should pack light clothing including shorts, t-shirts, sandals, and their favorite swimming suits.
In this blogger’s opinion, the Fall is the best time to visit Las Vegas. The summer tourists are gone, and the Summer heat starts to cool off. The average Fall temperature ranges between a hot 94 and a cool 66 degrees. If honeymooning in the early Fall, couples should bring typical summer clothing. If visiting in October or November, honeymooners should bring light clothing that can be layered, and maybe a jacket for extra warmth during the month of November.
Winter in Las Vegas is cool, and the city knows how to celebrate the holiday season right with Christmas-themed shows, and giant, neon Christmas trees in different hotel lobbies. The average temperatures fall between a comfortable mid-60’s to high 50’s. Don’t be fooled though– it has been known to snow occasionally in Las Vegas.
Things to Do During Your Vegas Honeymoon
No matter what time of year you and your loved one choose to visit, Las Vegas has a huge offering of shows, activities, casinos, and nature to explore! Here’s a list of the some of the best things Las Vegas has to offer.
Las Vegas ENTERTAINMENT
- The Blue Man Group is one of Las Vegas’ most iconic shows. See them perform in the Luxor Hotel and Casino. The percussion music is mixed with comedic skits that keep you laughing.
- See the crass and funny Absinthe show, performed nightly in a tent outside of Caesars Palace.
- Watch in awe as America’s Got Talent winner Mat Franco performs his original nightly magic show in the LINQ Hotel and Casino.
- Enjoy the sensual Cirque Du Soleil Zumanity Show with your loved one.
- Laugh yourselves silly while watching the line-up of world-renowned comedians and talk-show hosts at the Mirage Hotel
- Get Married! If you want to elope, skip the wedding ceremony and come straight to Vegas. There are so many chapels to choose from and you can get married at all the strip resorts.
- See the famous Bellagio Hotel fountain show! A new song plays every 15 minutes.
- Walk the Las Vegas Strip, and observe the unique facades and famous travel destination reproductions. You can spend days just walking through the different casinos
- Sample a Las Vegas buffet. Here’s a website with all the different buffets in Las Vegas, along with menus of what they have to offer.
- Take a ride on the High Roller, the world’s largest observation ferris wheel!. The trip takes 30 minutes, and riders relax in spacious cabins.
- During the hot summer months, take a gondola ride at the Venetian hotel. You’ll float past restaurants and Italian-style architecture. The perfect spot for romance!
Las Vegas is known for its casinos. Here are some of the most popular:
● The Stratosphere Casino- This casino has a giant observatory tower from which you and your loved one can look down on the Strip. ● Binion’s Gambling Hall offers food, drinks, and pure gambling fun.
● Caesars Palace is iconic to the Las Vegas landscape, and offers an original guest experience.
● The New-York New-York Hotel and Casino offers visitors a taste of life on the east coast.
● The Mirage Hotel and Casino is a premiere spot for gambling, shows, and events. Nature
Las Vegas Honeymoon Adventures
Don’t forget to see the beautiful Nevada desertscape while you’re in Las Vegas. Here’s a list of different outdoor activities to enjoy with your significant other.
● Zipline over Las Vegas.
● Visit the historic Hoover Dam.
● Take a tour of the Grand Canyon.
● Spend a day hiking and enjoying nature in the Valley of Fire.
● Go on a day trip to Death Valley National Park.
Where to Stay During Your Las Vegas Honeymoon
There are hundreds of beautiful hotels and resorts to stay at with your loved one while in Las Vegas. Here are some of the most romantic places to stay in Las Vegas while honeymooning.
Palazzo at the Venetian Resort
The Palazzo is a luxurious hotel that is home to a vast array of suites, restaurants, shows, pools and spas, and a casino to play the night away. Enjoy the beautiful waterfall and atrium garden that celebrates love.
Enjoy a delicious steak dinner at Wolfgang Puck’s CUT in the hotel.
The hotel offers Venetian inspired suites, and a 90-minute tour of the hotel’s famous architecture. Click here to see everything the Palazzo has to offer, and to book your stay.
Bellagio Hotel and Casino
The Bellagio Hotel and Casino is a place for the refined couple looking for a more adult night-life experience. Relax at the Chihuly Lounge and listen to famous pianists play as you sip delicious cocktails.
Enjoy the nightly fountain show that takes place in front of the hotel form the comfort of your beautiful suite. Enjoy the enormous pool, and swim up to the wet bar for good times.
The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
This luxurious hotel is located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip. Enjoy the easy access to nightlife, or stay in for the night and see one of the many resident performances, and dine and drink at one of the five bars and lounges in the hotel.
Swim in one of the five pools, and spend time in the hotel’s gorgeous casino.
The MGM Grand Hotel
The MGM Grand Hotel will take you and your partner back to the glitzy glory of old Las Vegas. Stay in the Grand King suite, and you and your partner will feel like royalty. The hotel boasts fun entertainment, restaurants, and 6.5 acres of swimming pools. Click here to find more information on pricing and reservations.
So, What Will You Do? We hope this guide gave you some ideas of all that Las Vegas has to offer. Enjoy your stay!